Residential Painting in Langley – Guide to Choosing Interior Colour Part II
- All the major brands have web-based color selecting software that allows you to upload a photo of your room to “paint” the walls digitally, or they provide sample rooms for you to play with. This can be a great help as you try to visualize how an entire room will look painted in one specific color. Residential Painting in Langley
- There’s an App for that. Benjamin Moore, Behr and Sherwin Williams all have smart phone color selector apps that allow you to snap and photo of any item and will match it with one of their paint colors. So, if you find a fabric or flower that is a color you love, you can likely find a close match on the go. DIY Resource: http://www.hometalk.com
- Look to nature for great color combinations. Nature is never wrong when it comes to how colors work together. A beautiful hydrangea is a combination of many colors, from muted pinks and browns to bright blues and greens. Even wet rocks on a beach might provide a wonderful inspiration for a color palette.
- If you already own a piece of art, or a print that you love, there may be a color you can pick out of the artwork that will make for a great base on your wall. Be open to gaining inspiration from many sources.
- Don’t hesitate to make more than one choice and experiment. Remember, the tiny paint chips we use are only printed facsimiles of the actual paint. You should always purchase a sample pot, or pots, and paint a portion of your wall with the real thing. Final paint selection should only be made after seeing it up on your wall at different times of the day, as natural and artificial lights will change the way the paint looks.
- Have patience and don’t skip steps. Paint picked in the hardware store under florescent light will never look like it does in your home.
Have fun. You don’t need to go bold to make a big difference, but don’t hesitate to be bold if it suits you and those who live with you.
Linda Merrill is a Hometalk.com writer. Source https://www.networx.com/article/painting-a-beginners-guide-to-choosing